Board of Health
Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes.
The board consists of 5 members appointed by the Board of Selectmen for 3-year, staggered terms. Members serve without compensation.
Dr. Robert Rappaport, Chair
Mary Patricia Toye
Dr. Richard Steingart
Dr. Robert Baevsky
Dr. Barry Izenstein
Michael Oumano, Associate Member
The Board of Health is responsible for:
- Addressing the health concerns of town residents
- Administering state health laws
- Adopting town health regulations
- Conducting inspections
- Developing and enforcing tobacco related policies
- Enforcing sanitary codes and regulations
- Enforcing stat regulations regarding TitleV: Septic Tanks and Home Sewers
- Issuing permits for various food establishments, businesses, and institutions
- Recording, reporting, and following up on communicable diseases within the community
Electronic Immunization Registry
Effective March 17, 2014, the Longmeadow Board of Health, as are all medical providers of vaccinations to the public, is required by state law to submit vaccination information to a new web-based Massachusetts Department of Public Health Immunization Registry. The data on this Registry is confidential but may be exclusively shared with your health care provider; your primary care physician may want to know your vaccination status (e.g., whether you have had or are overdue for a recommended vaccination).
Declining the Sharing of Data
It is possible for individuals who are immunized to decline the sharing of registry data with health care providers by signing the appropriate form available from the Board of Health.
For further information on the registry, its advantages to patients and the public health, and patient rights to decline data sharing, kindly refer to the Patient Fact Sheet (PDF).